Any VKSU student, researcher or department can seek plagiarism report for a document under their ownership/responsibility. One has to make the corresponding payment and have the payment receipt ready before you submit the request.
If for some reason you are unable to submit your request online, you may choose one of the following:
- A thesis/ dissertation should be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format) as well as an editable text format (such as DOC/DOCX/ODT/TXT/LATEX) in the appropriate section of our website.
- The preferred font of theses in English text shall be ‘Times New Roman’ or ‘Arial’ of font-size 12 pt. For theses in Hindi text (written in Devanagari Script) the preferred font is ‘Krutidev 010’ or ‘Mangal’. In the case of subjects connected with any of the oriental languages the font may be different but comparable.
- No part of the thesis should have text disguised as an image. Figure captions should be explicitly written in text.
- Along with the thesis, the candidate needs to upload the proof of payment and a scanned copy of duly filled self-declaration (Annexure – I)
- If due to connectivity issues, you are unable to fill the form on website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to generate a plagiarism report. In this request you have to attach your document as a single file. We need both a PDF copy and an editable text format (in .txt, .doc, .docx, .odt or LaTeX file) of that document. Your email request should be accompanied with all relevant details about the scholar/ researcher (mentioned below).
- If you are not comfortable with the online tools at all, currently we allow students to physically visit the Computer Center (CC), Science Block, VKSU and give their thesis in pen-drive/ CD along with other relevant information.
A one-page report shall be generated stating the name of the researcher, the percentage of plagiarism detected, the authorizing signature and any remark from the CC. One copy of this report is sent to Controller of Examination and two copies to the department, one each for the Head and Supervisor. The research supervisor may share his/ her copy with the concerned student.
In case plagiarism is detected above the allowed level (20%), a detailed report can be asked by the concerned DAIC chairman to discuss in DAIC meeting and access the level and intent behind the plagiarized content and duly assign a penalty for the same. The DAIC shall forward this detailed report along with its recommendations to the UAIC.
Once the detailed report showing details of the plagiarized content is shared, the case has to be finally approved by the UAIC before the thesis/ dissertation can be resubmitted.
Fee deposit: The fee is to be submitted to Computer Center bank account by any of the following methods
- Online Transfer to the account (details below)
- Cash deposited physically in the branch to the account
|PhD thesis||₹ 500|
|Master’s thesis||₹ 200|
|Research paper||₹ 50|
If the plagiarism percentage exceeds the prescribed level and the candidate applies for second or third time (after approval from UAIC) he/she has to deposit the requisite fee again.
Fee for 1st time anti plagiarism check: ₹ 500/- only
Fee for 2nd time anti plagiarism check: ₹ 700/- only
Fee for 3rd time anti plagiarism check: ₹ 900/- only
Appropriate fee to be deposited through electronic transfer / cash deposit in the account:
Account Holder: Computer Center V.K.S.U.
Account Number: 3794299435 ; IFSC: CBIN0283838
Bank Name: Central Bank of India; Branch Name: V.K.S.U. Ara Branch
If you are sending an email to CC, please note that the following information is considered relevant for plagiarism report generation:
- Screenshot of the payment receipt towards ‘Computer Center VKSU’
- Scan of Annexure – I
- If the requested plagiarism report is for a thesis to be submitted to VKSU, please send the email with subject ‘Plagiarism report for thesis’ and accompany following information in the email:
- Student’s information:
- University enrollment number
- Contact number
- Supervisor’s information:
- College affiliation
- Department name
- Research work:
- Month & Year of registration
- Expected date of defense
- Language of text (eg: Devanagari, English etc)
- Font of text
- Student’s information:
- If the requested report is for self-consumption of a researcher for their research paper, please send an email with a subject ‘Plagiarism report for paper’ and accompany the following information in the email:
- Faculty/Student name
- Font of text
Please note that the email request should have the following attachments:
- A screenshot (or scan image) of the payment receipt
- Self-declaration as per Annexure – I
- Editable Text format (eg. Microsoft Word) for thesis/dissertation
- PDF (Portable Document Format) for a thesis in English
If there is any confusion regarding the above details, an email can be sent to email@example.com with your query or you can meet in person the Computer Center team between 2 – 3 pm in the Computer Center, Science Block, VKSU.