I am very delighted to convey my warm greetings to all members of Syndicate, Senate, Academic Council, Faculty, Staff and the Students of the prestigious Veer Kunwar Sing University, Ara with a sense of pride. I am very elated and enthusiastic to assume office as the of Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara, Bihar. It is a historical institution of Higher Education in the district of Bhojpur (land of the great freedom fighter Babu Veer Kunwar Singh) in the state of Bihar, India.
Education is not merely attending school or college, securing degrees or even acquiring knowledge. I am of the considered view that it is the most effective tool for nurturing character and moral values. In this context, what Swami Vivekananda once said is quite relevant.
Being a 21st century Vice Chancellor, I would like to focus on consolidation, expansion and diversification, with the following key thrust areas:
1. Strengthening Veer Kunwar Singh University's place on the Global Map of research and education;
2. Creating healthier environment for research activities;
3. To make the University responsive to ever changing societal needs;
4. Teaching enhancement program for teachers to adopt new methods and teaching aids;
5. To make best use of IT Infrastructure for Automation in Administrative and Academic process;
6. Improving Physical Infrastructure to best suit increasing needs.
Best regards to one and all.